It seems like fall has just about graced the Metroplex with its presence. We have been inundated with squash from the co-op, and I've had that itch to make fudge. Sure, today it was close to 80 degrees and we grilled out, but there have been breaks. Like the other day, when Lily and I met Aunt Julie and Uncle Steven at the River Legacy Nature Center in Arlington.
None of us had been to the nature center before, but it is halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth so we thought it would make a nice meeting place. Lily loves being outdoors. In the midst of a major meltdown, a trip outside will almost always settle her down. Even a short walk to the mailbox works wonders.
While I was looking forward to the opportunity to spend an afternoon in a hidden nature preserve, Julie was looking forward to the opportunity to dress up Diego as a bumble bee and capture him in the wild. The weather was cool and overcast, and even though many of the trails were closed due to flooding, we enjoyed an afternoon walking under the canopy of trees while the Diego Bee trotted alongside us.
We ended our day at a yummy cafe called Potager. The food was great, but the concept is even better--the owner uses local product and small portions. You ask for only what you can eat, getting seconds when you want, then at the end, you pay what you think the food is worth. Okay, it sounds like some wacky hippie place, and sure, it kind of is. The downside to this whole laid back aesthetic--I ended up having to change Lily on top of a low cooler behind the self-serve herbal tea bar. The up side? I didn't get a single raised eyebrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment